Monday 26 December 2011

Print your own Filofax media wishlist

I am a consumer of media. I buy books, music and film DVDs regularly. I tend to scribble down things I want to buy when they are recommended to me or when I am inspired by advertising or reviews. Now and again I'll sit at a PC on the Amazon site and try to find all my little notes so I can buy them all.

There are two problems with this approach. Firstly, I have more than once bought items I already own. And secondly, I often neglect once I own an item to read, watch or listen to it. My media wishlist page solves the problem.


In the 'Type' column I can put a code (B = book, CD = er ... CD.) Each title has two checkboxes: one for when I buy it, the second for when I read, watch or listen to it.

If you would like to use the media wishlist too, you can download either an editable Word file or an Adobe PDF file.

Click to see a bigger version


Both files contain two A4 pages (the first is pictured above), which you should print onto a single sheet of paper. If you have a duplex printer set it to flip on the short edge. If your printer will only print on one side, you'll have to experiment with manually refeeding between prints.

The front of the sheet has crop marks to allow you to position your ruler perfectly when cutting out the pages with a craft knife. The front of the page is set with a left-hand gutter, the back with a right-hand one. This allows for the holes, of course.

As soon as this page was tucked into my Filofax, I started thinking of other applications for the double check box. For instance, how about a delegation record, where the first box records you assigning the task, the second checking it is complete? Or perhaps a correspondence record, the first box recording a sent letter, the second the receipt of a reply?

2 comments:

LJ said...

Ooh - even more ideas of things to add to my FF. how am I ever going to manage to get it all in one filo? :o)

Anonymous said...

I haven't been able to try printing pages yet, but I have a to-read and currently reading list for the same purpose that you mentioned! Thanks for sharing these templates - I'm looking forward to using them when I get a chance to experiment with printing. :)

LinkWithin2

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...